I know I said this same phrase back when Addie was 5 months, but I never dreamed I would be the mom of a 7 month old! She is 7 months old as of yesterday and growing faster than I'd like :) Due to the craziness of the holidays and then a second Georgia snow, her 6 month doctor visit has now become her 7.5 month doctor visit. We still don't go for another 2 weeks! Sheesh! I really love our pediatrician so I don't mind waiting. She is supposed to get her ears pierced at this visit and I am really nervous. The older she gets, the more aware she becomes of her feeling & surroundings, which is great, but also an enemy when you are planning such (temporary) harm on your baby. I wish I had the guts to do it sooner, but I really wanted to wait for our pedi to do it and their requirement is 6 months old and 3 rounds of shots, so...we shall just hope for the best!
Anyway, I would like to reflect on a few of my personal favorite things about Addison Kate:
-I love it when she puts her hands on my chest when I'm carrying her around. It makes me feel needed.
-I love it when she is being silly right after her morning bottle. That's when she's in the best mood all day. She just smiles and talks and giggles. Sometimes I am running behind because I have been gushing over her in the mornings.
-I love it that she says "Mama" lots and lots. Up until this point, there's no way she knew what she was saying, but I feel that she made a definite turn around 6.5 months and sometimes I think she knows exactly what she's saying and who she's talking about :)
-I love it that she knows exactly what button to push on her Little Buttons toy and her musical table. She reaches for them every time now and knows just what they do. It is fascinating to watch.
-I love her red hair. I hope it stays. It's so pretty & unique and matches beautifully with her blue eyes.
-I love it that I am the first person she sees everyday when she wakes up. No matter what's going on in the world, to be able to say that is accomplishment enough in my book.
Like many women, I struggle daily to be a better mother today than I was the day before. It's my biggest task and joy in life. One day, I will know that I have succeed when she feels about me the way I feel about my mother :) Have a great evening!
No comments:
Post a Comment