Background

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Addison Kate turns the big ONE!!

We went to her one year check-up today so I thought it was time for an update on the busy life of Addie Kate. Here are her one year stats:

Height: 30” (80th)
Weight: 18 lbs. (20th)
Head: 17.75” (50th)

To catch up, Addison’s birthday fell on Father’s Day this year therefore we had her big party on Saturday, the 18th. It was fast and furious but she cooperated like a champ and made mommy & daddy so proud! Her party was whale themed, designed by Tracy Allen at The Sweet Peach Paperie and a lovely lady named Toni Mauldin from Graycie’s Kloset designed a whale-adorned outfit just right for our little squirt! You must check out both of them- so sweet and wonderful to work with! Her party was held at the new Burnt Hickory Park. I was SO glad that I didn’t have to clean my house before or after! As expected, she didn’t really understand the whole gift-opening portion or the cake smash but it was perfect just the same. She got so many wonderful toys, the pink Cozy Coupe from Uncle Nick and the Barbie ATV from “Uncle” Brett are among the current favorites. Our house has become a parking garage for all her modes of transportation. I was so overwhelmed by the love & support of our family and friends. I felt so full inside knowing they were all there because they are just as charmed by our Addie Kate as we are.

On her actual birthday, we drug the grandparents up to Cleveland, GA for a trip to the new Babyland General Hospital (home of the Cabbage Patch Dolls). This was a favorite place of mine when I was little and I was so excited to share the experience with my little girl. I remember my parents taking me and also going with all the girls in my family…just walking around for what seemed like hours, trying to find the perfect doll or outfit. My hope is to make a tradition of it and go every year. I LOVE HAVING A GIRL! J We are so blessed to have parents (and great-grandparents for that matter) that are so involved in her life. Her birthday was perfect, she was perfect…it’s hard to imagine life before her.

In other news, she now has two teeth on top and is cutting two more. Finally. Teething actually hasn’t been so bad this time around. Not like it was when she was 6 months. Don’t want to do that again! She is still sleeping in her bed all night long. She is easy! Hardly ever fusses, but when she does, you had better give her all your attention…quick. She is too smart. The saying “Monkey see, monkey do” has taken on a whole new meaning for us. She can unlock our iPhones. No doubt that she’s watched us do it a million times, but a touch phone??…now that has to be tricky for a one year old brain! She is walking perfectly. She had it down in about a week and now she is pretty much running everywhere. No wonder she stays so skinny!

It’s hard to think that my baby is one but this has been the best stage so far. I know I say that at every stage, but it really does just keep getting better. She has taught me so much in one short year. Being a mom is the best job I could ever imagine. You really have no idea about how the world works until you have a child. We are so incredibly blessed.

We have been talking about a baby #2 and we really don’t have any set plans for that. We are enjoying Addison for the moment and seeing where she takes us. Some days I want another soon and other days I really relish in the only-child territory. Being an only child was a wonderful experience for me, I know that much. We will just have to see where the road takes us!

No comments:

Post a Comment