Background

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Addie's Second Beach Vacation

I wish I had the time to blog more often. Summer is in full swing and it's already been really busy. And it's only going to get busier...someone has a 1st birthday coming up!!

This past week, we took Addie to the beach for the second time. She first went when she was 12 weeks old (and oh-so-tiny!). She was an absolute angel then and that proved to be true on this trip as well. Ryan and I got the luxury of spending 3 days by ourselves (thanks to our really awesome parents!) before everyone else came down to join us. I think the one word that describes this trip is blissful. The day-to-day was wearing on Ryan and I, but this vacation definitely recharged our batteries and got us back to where we like to be. The beach is just good for your soul.

On days 1-3, Ryan and I enjoyed laying out at the beach both by ourselves and with a few great friends. We went out to eat and didn't have to hurry because Addie was ready to get out of the highchair. We watched TV and napped...basically everything we did pre-baby! It was nice to chill out for a few days, but by day 4 we were ready to kiss our sweet girl! Of course we talked about her the whole time, about how we wondered what she was doing and if she was being a good girl. Yep, she's changed our lives for sure! :)
Addie and Ryan's parents arrived on day 4. I was so excited to see her and I was sure she'd be stuck to me, but NO! She is a daddy's girl for sure. But that's ok. I still got plenty of sugars! We immediately put on her bikini and took her to the ocean. She LOVED it! She walked right in. The waves didn't scare her. She liked the wet sand, maybe not so much the dry sand by the end of the trip. On days 5-8, we soaked up every moment with her. And thanks (again!) to our wonderful parents, we didn't have to get up with her at 5 AM for her bottle! But I did miss that. That's usually our time, just a mama and her girl. Addie went to a zoo for the very first time and she looked like she was in DEEP thought the whole time. She was never scared, but you could tell that her little brain was trying to figure out what all of those animals were doing. The tigers gave her a good show, they played in front of her for a few minutes and she wanted to jump in and play with them! She went to Pier Park (Mommy's favorite place) and checked out all the cute shops. She went out to eat about a dozen times and was always such a little pleasure. And finally on day 9, we had to go home :( I was very sad about this trip coming to an end. It was very bittersweet.

Ryan and I reflected several times while on our trip about how lucky and blessed we are, and how wonderful and smart this little girl of ours is. And how she makes everything in life worth it. It was truly blissful. We get so caught up the hustle and bustle of everyday that we forget to be thankful for a bright and healthy baby...who will soon be ONE! That just doesn't seem possible. But we have the memories, and they are so precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment