The summer has kept us tremendously busy, therefore I haven't had a ton of time to actually sit down and write. It's a slow Monday morning, so now seems to work.
We have had the best time watching Addie grow. She is so much fun, and this stage has been the best so far! She is talking, which I would say has been more fun than trying to get her to walk several months ago. She can say: Mama, Dada, Daddy, Nana, Nanny, dog, duck, go, stop, baby. A new word comes every few days! She is trying to count to 10. I say the numbers and she does her best to repeat what she hears and I think it sounds pretty good! We are also working on the alphabet (which is more like a song at this point, rather than actual letters) and on our colors. She is so bright and bubbly. I love that she never meets a stranger (although I'm sure I'll feel differently about this later on), and it only takes her a few minutes to adapt to a new place with new faces, then she's running around, doing her thing.
We have spent just about every afternoon outside watching her play. She loves nothing more than being outside-- which would be completely fine with me IF it weren't 100*+ here in GA. Seriously, I am over it after 5 minutes. But now that fall is around the corner, it will be so much nicer to sit out there with her. She has really enjoyed the mini-4wheeler and the cozy coupe she got for her birthday. I see lots of use out of those throughout the next couple years.
Being a parent is by far the most rewarding and genuinely fun experience I could have ever imagined-- and add the most precious little girl on top of that, well, it's just plain fabulous! Her kisses are the best and my favorite time with her is still mornings. On Fridays- Sundays, we bring her in our bed when she first wakes up and give her all kinds of lovin'. It is really something special.
I am looking so forward to fall. Yes, for the cooler weather but more for the decorating and Halloween! My favorite holiday! I am excited for 2012, it should bring lots of great things for our little family-- maybe a baby brother/sister for Addie??, my mom's retirement, and more of watching our marvelous little angel grow!
No comments:
Post a Comment