Haven't had a ton of extra time to post, last week was a blur, but let's recap:
Monday- Addie got her 4 month shots and all was fine--or so we thought (see Wednesday). She did great at the appointment, showing all of the nurses and doctors her tricks, but then came time for the shots! She acted much different than she did at her 3 month shots, I think because she is super alert, she knew what was going on. The nurse stuck her and she had a delayed reaction and then the tears came...and I was BY MYSELF at this appointment :( I was crying on the inside because my baby was in pain, but I had a job to do: console her, and that I did. She was ok after about 10 minutes. She went back to Mrs. Samantha's for the day and was fine.
Tuesday- Just another day for the Brown's...work, play with AK, bedtime, sleep, etc.
Wednesday- Little Miss AK took a turn for the worst at the babysitter's...very fussy and some horrible diarrhea. I didn't really know what to do since she's never been sick in the 4.5 months she's been here so I was very concerned about my girl. I picked her up as usual and she was ok at home, not quite herself though.
Thursday- Fussiness & the big "D" continued so I called the doctor and they wanted me to bring her in on Friday. I left work early to pick her up, got her home, and she seemed to be ok again, just not as playful and smiley as she normally is.
Friday- Missed our 9:30 AM doctor appt (a first for me!) so we rescheduled for later in the AM. It turns out that she obtained this virus from the rotavirus vaccine she got on Monday. It is an intestinal virus and the vaccine is a liquid form of the live virus, which she had a bad reaction to. I was just glad that we finally figured out what was going on! So, to all new moms, I would suggest talking through the vaccines with your doctor beforehand. I didn't, as I just assumed that whatever she was being given was necessary. The good thing is that she doesn't have to get the vaccine at her 6 month shots, so I have opted not to do so...don't really want to do this again! In other good news, her pediatrician's office does ear piercing at 6 months...so guess what we're getting when we go back!!! I am very excited about how cute they will look, but not excited about the actual process. I think this may be a Daddy visit!!! :)
The Weekend- She continues to improve and aside from a few more poopie diapers than usual, she is back to her playful and loving little self! She was all smiles all weekend, so loving, and giggly! That's my Addie Kate!
And now Monday has rolled around again...we are taking her to the mountains for the first time this upcoming weekend and we are very excited about that!
No comments:
Post a Comment